The Aussie Millions Poker tournament has seen a glut of winners over the years. The tournament started out on a modest scale but rapidly grew into one of the most prestigious events on the Poker calendar. It is today the most famous Poker tournament in the Southern Hemisphere and these mega-winners can attest to that fact.
- Peter Costa from England won $394,870 in 2003 and defeated 122 players
- Tony Bloom from England won $ 426,500 in 2004 and defeated 133 players
- Jamil Dia from New Zealand won $1,000,000 in 2005 and defeated 263 players
- Lee Nelson from New Zealand won $1,295,800 in 2006 and defeated 418 players
- Gus Hansen from Denmark won $1,500,000 in 2007 and defeated 747 players
- Alexander Kostritsyn from Russia won $1,650,000 and defeated 780 players
- Stewart Scott from Australia won $2,000,000 and defeated 681 players
The 2011 Aussie Millions Tournament begins in January. Tournament organizers expect that there will be in excess of 800 individual Poker players in the $10,500 Buy-In NLTexas Hold’em Main Event. The home to the grandiose event – the 6th largest in Poker Tournaments – is the Crown Entertainment Complex. The Crown is among the largest entertainment resorts in the world with 13 cinemas, 2 nightclubs, the Palladium, the Crown Casino, the Crown Towers and Crown Promenade Hotel, the Palms and a rollicking 40 restaurants and 30 bars. It’s anybody’s guess who’ll take the pot, but one thing’s for certain – it’s going to be absolutely huge!
Rake Free Fridays at Bet365 Poker
Bet365 Poker is one of the best in the UK. They have announced a promotion called Rake Free Fridays that will take place on the next 2 Fridays, March 26 and April 2. When you play your …